Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Back to School



Challenge #62 at "The Paper Girls Challenge" was a design your own challenge.     You had to pick three things from the checkerboard I have below and design your challenge, card, layout, project all for you to decide.     I went with the 3x4 cards on a traditional layout.   Include some Flair and use
3 or more photos.     Just click   HERE   and read all the details on the challenge for yourself and also see what the design team came up with.   There is still about 4 days to enter the challenge.
Good Luck to everyone.


This was really a design my own as all I had picked out was the pics of the boys and their first day of school yesterday down in Texas and the 3x3 Back to School PL card.      Then I started looking around.     I haven't used my Tim Holtz collection much so I looked thru it and found paper I liked.
Then I had to look for flair that would work with my subject.   I found the "My Notes" flair and thought that would work but wanted to use some more so looked some more and found the A is for Apples flair and that was just what I needed.     I didn't think the 3x4 card with so much color looked right just alone on the paper so I put it on a thin beige mat.  Then decided to mat my other embellies,  the clock I just did in a dark brown but the other two I double matted with beige and brown.
 I have a combination of items and manufactures,  sometimes a mixture will work just fine.

Tim Holtz - Idea-ology paper for background paper.   I thought the ruler look paper looked good for a back to school page.
Tim Holts - Idea-ology Stickers  The multiplication table, clock and August calendar are all from that collection.
Becky Higgins Project Life Holiday edition for the 3x4 card
Fancy Pants - Trend Setter Flair -  the "My Notes" flair button between the pictures.
October Afternoon - Farm Girl Flair - the A is for Apples flair on my PL card

1 comment:

  1. Way to mix your manufacturers! What an important moment recorded, so glad you participated at Paper Girls Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete