Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Helping Grandma Cook


I'm anything but a chronological scrapper.   Yesterday I made a layout from pictures from 1979, today its from Thanksgiving 2014 and tomorrow it may be of a picture I just took 3 hours earlier.

When I saw this sketch at "Let's Sketch" I remembered all the pictures that were taken at Thanksgiving when Mylan wanted to help me cut up the onions and celery for our stuffing.   It was so much fun doing this with her and I shared the story about how there is no written recipe for the stuffing we make but I learned how to make it over the years just helping and watching my grandmother just like she was doing now.    I am also happy to report that there were no fingers loss in this process.   :)   Always a good thing.

So I hope you go check out the details   HERE   for this challenge at "Let's Sketch" and think about what group of pictures you might want to scrap with this great sketch.


7 comments:

  1. Hey...you scrap like I do!!! You never know what year I'll be reliving next...lol. GREAT layout, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your take on the sketch!! Fabulous two pager!! And what a sweet memory and pictures to have!! I never scrap in order either!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww so cute:) One of the many blessings of being a grandma :) Fantastic take on the sketch too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pics! Being a grammy is the best. Great page with the sketch for all your pics. Looks like she was having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch Barbara! I'm never a chronological scrapper either ... choose and use whatever I like and whichever photos I feel like to :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect take on this sketch but even better that this moment was documented through photos! it will be a special remembrance for her time with her grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful page sharing a wonderful memory! I love that you scrap where your heart leads you! I think that helps you keep your mojo going!

    Thanks so much for sharing! I know Mylan will remember the time with you fondly!

    ReplyDelete