Monday, August 24, 2015

Vacation


I love it when I can complete the 3 Scrappy Friends Challenge.   I got it done again this month with another vacation layout from our road trip in July.    This was a little side trip I had found to take on day 1.  We drove through Wildcat Den State Park and stopped at this 2nd oldest Grist Mill and walked around to see the sites there.  It was really beautiful.     But besides that I also get to enter this layout in a 4th challenge.    Frosted Designs is to use metal on your project and I have the staples.

First off I used the sketch by Brenda Ragsdale at "GRAND DIVA'S CREATIVE CORNER".  It was a real fun and different sketch to work with.  Angles and squares and circles, it covered it all.
Check out the sketch below, it is great.



Next I use the tic-tac-toe challenge  that Rochelle has posted on her blog "THROUGH THE EYES OF ROCHELLE SPEARS"   I went diagonally with a travel theme, camera and metal.   The layout is from our vacation as I said earlier so that is travel,  I used a 3D camera embellishment and for the metal I have a row of staples below the top angle of patterned paper and then 3 more on the left side.
Here is the full tic-tac-toe board below.



Now for the trifecta of challenges I was also able to combine my layout with the word challenge at 
"CREATING WITH PAPER AND MORE"      See the whole list of words below to chose from.
I chose "Vacation" and used it as my title.   It's a Chipboard piece from K&Company.




My final challenge entry is with "FROSTED DESIGNS".   This is their August challenge and they are challenging you to use "Metal or Metalics" on your project.  You can use metal embellishments or you can use metallic colors like Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc.    My metal work on my layout is my staples that I used.    Again this was fun as haven't used staples on anything in quite awhile.


Each site has there own prize if you choose to do just a single challenge but if you combine all three challenges with one layout then you are entered in for a bonus prize.

Click on each challenge link above and it will take you to each site to read about the challenges and see inspiration from all of them.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job with all three challenges! WTG! Thank you for playing along with Scrappy Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your take on the sketch with those beautiful pictures and fabulous colors in the papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout!! Love your photos. 😀. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice layout! You did a great job combining challenges! Thanks for playing along with Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful design. Love the creativity and details. PERFECT! Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! Great colors and awesome photos! Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete