Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Engagement recap


I have looked at this 5-1-16 sketch at  "LET'S SCRAP"  everyday since it was posted.    I just couldn't decide how to do any of it.   I kept drawing blanks.    Then finally this morning when I looked at it again I thought of this one pad of paper I have.      A stack of Mambi papers that has lots of pages full of quotes and large sayings.    One sheet I have used as the cover of an album but I keep trying to think of other uses as they don't usually do well with sketches and I love working with sketches.

So I pulled out the stack and started looking through it and came upon two pages of all white card stock background ,  one had the words on my left page all running down the side of the paper and the other had the saying across the bottom of the sheet.  

So I cut out the strips with just the saying and words from the full page and looked through the paper again and decided these  two pages of the metallic strips would work great with the colors on the words.

Then to go with the words and the saying "I (heart) the life we live.   I thought about some of the pictures I have of my daughter and her now husband and the trip they took where he had already made plans to ask her to marry him on the first day of their vacation, they had two days in Puerto Rico before they left on a cruise.    I thought these pictures went well with the saying.

Here is the sketch and see what the design team did here at   "LET'S SCRAP"


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous page!! Love the colors and the background papers!!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the title it really pops and the side panel and background are great. Thanks for joining us again on Lets scrap. I have to say "I love your layouts".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies I'm so glad I went for it and tried this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Barbara the colors work so well for the pictures and cool take on the sketch :) Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you were able to find something that worked so well!!! I love the background paper and the photos are so fun!! thank you for playing along with Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work and beautiful layout Barbara! Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Scrap!!

    Hugs,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this layout!!! CONGRATULATIONS on winning the Let's Scrap Challenge package!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful layout Barbara. Love the retro feel and its precious memories you hae preserved here.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete