Sunday, June 5, 2016

The Announcement


My daughter and son-in-law just announced 2 weeks ago that she is pregnant with their first child.

With family spread out all over there were some FaceTime chats with people and a delivery of the frame to my Dad in person to tell him he was going to be a great grandfather.    Then 2 days later I was in town and she told me that she had some memorabilia for me to scrap about and she handed me the test stick.    I haven't used the stick yet but I did take a picture to add here.

I used the newest sketch at "ELLE'S STUDIO" for this.   It was perfect for these two pictures.
I used the  Elle's Studio Penelope collection  for this.   I even used the tear strip and added it down the right side and another one like it to the right of the pictures    The solid hearts were cut out of the paper that had the hexagons on it and then one heart from the grid paper.    But I wanted to match my embellishments by using hearts like on the background paper and also match the colors.
The heart at the top right is on the background paper, I just used an exacto knife and cut it some so I could slip my strip behind it and the hearts be on top.

Here is the sketch and go to  "ELLE'S STUDIO"  to check out the whole blog.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! What a fun way to celebrate this announcement! I love how you cut the heart and the paper choices are perfect!

    ReplyDelete