Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Fishing in Hawaii


I was going through photos on my computer this morning and found some my brother and son had sent me via FB when the two of them along with my Dad and nephew went on a "Boys Trip" to Maui, Hawaii.     My son LOVES to fish  so he fished every spare moment they had while on their trip.   The top picture was taken of him down on the shoreline by my brother from the balcony of the condo they had rented.     He did do well and brought in fresh fish that he cooked that night for dinner.

I made this layout with three challenges in mind.     I started out with "LASTING MEMORIES"
"THE SCRAPROOM GROUP" and "PAPER ISSUES FANS & FRIENDS"

"LASTING MEMORIES"  LM #348 - June 14th is Flag Day here in the US, for this challenge use red, white, and blue on your layout.    For this challenge and my pictures I went right to the DCWV stack - Seaside Yacht
as I knew they had both red and blue papers I could used.   the only papers not from the stack is the
white 6x6 square anchor paper.   I then used blue Thickers for my title and some red and white fishing themed embellishments and both blue and red card stock to mat one piece of patterned paper and my pictures.

"THE SCRAPROOM GROUP    I used the Freaky Friday challenge.   It's always so much fun to work with and make your own design.   How I do it is to take a piece of white 12x12 paper and then cut out the dimensions listed in the formula and then start placing them around till I find something I like.   I usually always have my pictures printed to so I can move them around to see how they will work with my design.   Here is the formula.


"PAPER ISSUES FANS & FRIENDS"    Their Take 5 Challenge is also always fun to play with and you can enter as often as you like during the month.    Just be sure and pick at least 5 things from the list.   I used 7 this time.   Red, Blue, Date, Title, Stripes, 2 or more Photos and Patterned Paper.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great layout, Barbara! Love the colors and the nautical theme! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete